Hisashiburi! (Long time no see!)
Aside from the most awaited time of the year in Japan, which is the season of sakura or the cherry blossom, April is also a busy month because it’s the start of the business year. We started another school year and had some workshops too because they changed our book this year. Also, we already have a new counselor! yay! She’s a newly grad and working in our company is her first job. This is really great because I feel bad every single time I couldn’t help with anything at school like doing paperworks or simply answering the telephone because I can’t speak or read Japanese yet. But we’re all glad that a new counselor is finally coming! However, since she’s new, our school is temporary close on Tuesdays and Thursday because we’re out of people at school.
I hate the new schedule because I can’t request for a two consecutive days off, which really sucks, but hopefully after next month our schedule will go back to normal.
Anywasy, today I cooked garlic butter shrimp because it’s the easiest recipe I know lol, and I don’t need to prepare a lot of ingredients when cooking this.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.
Recipe from Damn Delicious.
- I started by peeling and deveining the shrimp, and preparing garlic and butter I’ll use.
2. I cooked the shrimp a bit with two tablespoon of butter and put some salt and ground pepper. Set aside.
3. I added the garlic with the same pan.
4. Added the chicken broth and butter, I only added five tablespoon because I don’t have enough shrimp, I bought them for 859.68 JPY.
5. Needless to say, I added the shrimp and waited for it to cook.
I don’t have parsley with me at the moment so I only added some spices because I literally add them on everything. I honestly love the taste, even without the lemon juice. I do the same thing with crab. It’s easy to make, easy recipes but shrimp is damn expensive.
Have you tried cooking the same recipe? Or you have a better one?